I LOVE to can! Canning meat, beans, fruit, jelly's, broth, etc. etc.  So I've been wanting to go berry picking but since this summer has been insanely hot berries were to be picked earlier than normal and were done early where you couldn't go picking.  I decided to go towards the end of berry season but unfortunately when I called berries were done for the year due to the heat.  So I knew Peach season was coming up soon and so I called the Peach Farm and guess what! Peaches were ready!  They were sooo yummy and juicy that I had to stop myself from eating them because I wanted to can peaches. 


 So we went to the peach farm and I've never been peach picking before so I didn't know how big peach trees were.  Well they are short trees full of peaches.  Jaedyn was able to reach the peaches and pick them as well!  Isn't she soo cute!

 

Putting the peaches in the bag
 

And BOY were those peaches D-E-L-I-C-I-O-U-S!!!!






So these are the peaches we canned! It was quite the process! I wouldn't ever recommend going to go peach picking and then can them.  Because it was pretty expensive...however...if I ever have a peach tree (which one day when I have a yard I will be planting me a peach tree or two along with a cherry tree and whatever others I want) I will be canning lots of yummy peaches!

1 Comment

  1. Austin Stevenson Owens on September 1, 2012 at 9:23 AM

    Hallee is such a CHUNK!!! How adorable are your girls!! Loved this series of posts... I wish I could be a super-cool canner like you (especially with my MOTHER being a super-cool canner!!!)!!! I'm more of a helper than a doer with stuff like that, haha! And I'm DEFINITELY more of a help-eater than a doer! :D

     


Post a Comment