On Thursday night I was scheduled to go to the hospital to do a cervadill so that Friday morning I could be induced to have our baby.
Friday - March 9 2012 at 5:19 pm
Hallee Ann Hargrove was born
7lbs 2 oz and 19 in long.

(Hallee is pronounced with a short 'a' so it's not Haley it's Hallee - hope that makes since)

She's been such a joy to our family. And she's beautiful and we can't imagine life without her.
We've been asked a lot if Jaedyn had as much hair as Hallee has and the answer is
Yes - She did have as much hair and just as dark the only difference is Hallee's hair is more thick than Jaedyn's hair was/is.

It's weird how having 2 kids seems so natural. Yes, getting everyone ready is a lot of work maybe more time consuming but at the same time it seems like I've been doing it forever.

It's kind of funny how we always thought Jaedyn was so little and our baby but you forget how small newborns are. When we came home and saw Jaedyn and Hallee both Luther and I were like wow Jaedyn is a toddler. She's so big. She instantly looked differently in our eyes as far as features goes.

Jaedyn has been doing pretty good with Hallee. She was so excited when we got home and there was a baby! She quickly realized that having a baby takes a lot of time and attention so Jaedyn has gotten a little jealous where she doesn't want to 'share her blankets' anymore and she has started to act like a baby. She's funny! Luther has taken off work this whole week. So we're trying to give Jaedyn is getting a lot of extra attention so Jaedyn doesn't feel replaced or abandoned. That's the last thing I want - is for her to feel those things. Luckily this week is in the 70's and 80's so we're playing outside a lot.

I was telling Luther how natural it feels and how I feel much older than I am. 2 kids at 22. I don't feel young. I feel like a more mature family. I don't know how to really describe this feeling but I love the feeling. I love my family and I can't wait to continue to mother my children and to do it with my best friend, my love, my companion, my husband!

Some pics of our Hallee:

Right after delivery


Weighing 7lbs 2 oz


Our whole family


Jaedyn meeting Hallee for the first time


Hallee Ann Hargrove

1 Comment

  1. Katie Koivisto on March 13, 2012 at 5:07 PM

    Congrats Selena! It really is amazing how tiny those little critters are! I hope the recovery is going well!!!

     


Post a Comment