For someone to be in my shoes, how can you not believe in God? Last night there was a huge storm. There was heavy winds, thundering, lightning, heavy rain and even worst some say it was a microburst and others say it was a tornado that didn't hit the ground. From my understanding a microburst is something that drops down and goes back up but what happened in this storm something traveled through Gardner that took out power, buildings and homes were shaking, took out windows, and the worst part it took out homes. The reason I say for someone to be in my shoes, how can you not believe in God this is why...



There are 5 streets on this side of the road with town homes at the end of all 5 streets. My street is the 4th street. The 5th street had tree damage and some roof damage, the 2nd and 3rd street had tree damage, the townhomes behind us has roof, window, and siding damage and the 1st street, is a tragic. This "microburst" "tornado" literally skipped our street we are right in the middle of it and there really is absolutely no damage at all to my street. The only thing that I've noticed was some mud got on my house. It looks like someone threw mud on my siding right above the garage. How could we be so lucky? How can someone not believe in God when your in my shoes?



I went down to the 1st street, there is siding torn off, roofs torn off, cars moved and colided into one another, tree's down, garages caved in and the worst one there's a house where the house came off the foundation so now that house is being condemned, They now are homeless but someone got them into a hotel because they can't stay in there house. I asked where I could help with cleaning and they had it all taken care of already. I then I asked does anyone need food or water and they said they had someone on there way for that. This was all by 11 o'clock. I love that I live in a community where people will help out.



There is this one house at the corner of a couple streets down who's fence went flying into the back of there house and it looks like a bunch of 2x4 were stabbing the house. It's just sticking into there house.



There has been people driving up and down my street all day to see what needs to be fixed they see nothing so they go to the next street. There has also been people parking at the end of our street to go walk to where the tragedy is to help clean because there is no closer parking because everyone is helping out. I'm so greatful to live in a loving, caring community.



I also love that I've had people call me, text me, email me just to make sure we are ok. I feel like we're important and cared about. I love and so grateful for people who have a willing heart.



Here are the pictures from the homes that were ruined on streets next to us and behind us:


















I trully feel so blessed!!


2 comments

  1. Kristin on May 13, 2010 at 2:59 PM

    Crazy storm, I had no idea it was that bad until I watched the news this morning and they said Gardner was one of the places hit the hardest. Wow!

     
  2. Libby on May 13, 2010 at 3:46 PM

    Thanks for sharing the pics. I had no clue this happened in Gardner either until you said something on facebook. Glad it skipped you guys.

     


Post a Comment